Lily's Blog

A place to share my learning

Color Poems!

May19

poetry-book-sign-md

This week I’m posting on color poems. A color poem is a type of poem when you think of things that are the color you picked. I picked the color blue and I wrote a poem with it. Also I will have poems for different colors. I really enjoyed  writing these poems and I hope you enjoy them to! Here is the poem for blue.

color poems

Blue is the cool crisp air. Blue is a glistening puddle. Blue is a dazzling waterfall. Blue is a beautiful dream. Blue is a shave ice on a hot day. Blue is a sweet blueberry. Blue sounds like the ocean tide. Blue smells like salty water. Blue sounds like a trickling stream. Blue makes me feel calm. Blue feels like rushing water.

shaved ice

That was my poem for blue. Now I’m going to show you my poem for yellow. I hope you like it! Yellow is the sparkling sun. Yellow is a hot summer day. Yellow smells like a beautiful flower. Yellow makes me feel happy. Yellow sounds like the breeze. Yellow feels like a fun book to read. Yellow is a small fuzzy bee. Yellow feels like a mango. Yellow is a sunset.

1280px-Sunset_Marina

This is the last poem I wrote. It’s about red and I hope you like it just as much as you liked the others! Red looks like a sizzling firework. Red sounds like a red telephone ringing. Red smells like a dazzling raspberry. Red feels hot. Red makes me feel embarrassed. Red tastes like a sweet starburst. I loved writing these poems and I hope you loved reading my poems and if you have time to write your own poems I would love to hear them in your comment! So feel free to comment!

red

by posted under Uncategorized | 5 Comments »    
5 Comments to

“Color Poems!”

1. May 19th, 2014 at 10:27 pm      Reply Lilah Says:

Dear Lily,
    I love all your pictures! I like how you did all your color poems for the post. Don’t forget to comment on my blog. Blog On!
    Love From, Lilah

2. May 20th, 2014 at 11:18 pm      Reply tateedmondson Says:

Dear Lily,
    Your poems are amazing. You are an awesome blogger. Your blog is so cool. I think you are a great writer, and if you chose to be a writer some day, I think that would be a great job for you. I am so glad you are in my class this year. I hope you will be in my class next year. Thanks for being a great friend. Keep up the good work.
    From, Tate

3. May 22nd, 2014 at 3:18 am      Reply anikasukumar Says:

Dear Lily,
    Hey, great poems! Now my turn! 🙂
    Blue is a fizzy Italian Soda.
    Yellow is a fuzzy fat buzzing bee.
    Red is a person with clenched teeth and red cheeks.
    Green is a color you turn in a barf bag.
    Pink smells like a wispy cotton candy.
    Black feels beautiful and magical.
    Lily sometimes turns green. (I bet! She is also awesome!)
    Well, that is my color poem!
    Did you like it?
    From,
    Anika (Color poem fizzle banger writer)

4. May 28th, 2014 at 2:08 am      Reply ccoffa Says:

Dear Lily
    Poetry is very popular at the moment – our students have been teaching each other lots of poetry forms – have a look http://themiddlematters.blogspot.com.au/

The Student Blogging challenge is almost over and I hope you have learnt a lot from the challenges. You have done a great job and I hope you continue to post about your passions and what you are learning. Remember to comment on other blogs too – we all like to know someone is reading!
    All the best
    Celia
    Melbourne

5. May 28th, 2014 at 10:00 pm      Reply Lilah Says:

Dear Lily,
    I liked your poem and I would show you mine but I forgot it😔
    By the way I can’t wait to see your new post!
    From, Lilah

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar